The pool is open.
Monday: Closed for hyper chlorination.
Tuesday thru Sunday 12:00 – 18:00 hrs
- Lifeguard (on duty during regular hours, after these hours please see the Swim-At-Your-Own-Risk below)
- Gated kiddie pool
- 12’ 6” deep-end
- 25 meters long
- 6 lanes
- Diving board
- Water slide
- Lawned picnic area
- Picnic tables
- Gazebo area
- Sound System
- Lounge chairs
- Locker rooms with showers, restrooms and day-use lockers
Free for USCG Active Duty, CG Civilians and their Dependents.
Reservists and extended family and friends are also welcome but fees apply.
Before you take your first dip, please obtain your membership card from the MWR office.
- Pool pass
- Sign in upon entrance to this facility
- Proper swim attire required
- Showering before using the pool in locker room or pool side
- Persons with colds, open sores, skin diseases, or gastrointestinal illness are not permitted in the pool
- Only one person at a time on the diving board
- Violation of USCG Housing pool rules and regulations may result in suspension from this facility
- Check out the O.K. Swimmers Program
- Under the age of 10yo and children who have not passed the O.K. Swimmers test must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18yo of age or older
- For infants & toddlers swim diapers or diapers with plastic pants are required
- There is no lifeguard on duty at the kiddie pool; parent must be with children at all times
- food or beverages within 12ft of the pool
- glass containers
- running or horseplay
- profanity or improper behavior
- playing on the diving board
- diving in the shallow end
- hard liquor
And, of course you know but, violation of USCG Housing pool rules and regulations may result in suspension from this facility.
O.K. Swimmer Program:
Patrons between 10yo and 18yo who wish to use the pool without a responsible adult must have an OK Swimmer card. All authorized children must meet the following requirements and complete the following process to obtain this card.
- Be at least 10yo
- Show proof of age
- Obtain parent/guardian permission and signature
- Parents must provide medical history which they determine should be reported
- Listen to and comprehend all pool rules (see above, and signs posted at pool)
- Complete the O.K. Swimmer Course form available in the MWR office
- Jump from diving board and swim to the shallow end, touch the wall and swim back to the deep end without stopping (any swimming style may be used)
- Jump from the side of the pool and tread water (without struggle) for two minutes
- Pick up a rubber ring from the bottom of the deepest part of the pool
- Must know the telephone number of parent(s) or guardian(s) and must write it next to their name in the pool log each time they check in at the pool
After completion of the above requirements, the MWR Admin office will assign a number and an OK Swimmer Card to the child. This permission/testing form will remain on file at the pool facility. Children must bring their O.K. Swimmer Card to the pool every time they utilize the pool and they will be required to show it to the lifeguard on duty.
Fine Print: MWR provides lifeguards specifically to ensure the safety of the patrons at the pool. If your child acts inappropriately, swimming privileges may be withdrawn for the day. Repeat offenders will be referred to the MWR Recreation Specialist to evaluate the case. For this reason, the pool must have your current phone numbers on file. The lifeguard or the Recreation Specialist will call and advise you if your child has been suspended from the pool. This is for the safety of your child. MWR is not responsible for your child on his/her way to or from the pool.
The Swim-At-Your-Own-Risk (SAYOR) program is offered to provide individuals with access to the pool during other than regular hours of operation. The program requires completion of a one (1) hour session with the Lead Lifeguard or other designated pool staff member and upon certification requires that you swim with a buddy who is also a SAYOR participant. No one is permitted to swim in the pool alone. No children under the age of 18 are authorized to participate in this program.
As a program participant, you will receive the combination to the SAYOR gate in the back wall of the pool. Participants are required to safeguard this combination and not to share it with anyone. Participants must sign in and out of the pool and must access the pool for the sole purpose of swimming. No parties, social gatherings, loud music, or usage of the water slide is permitted. All RBH pool rules apply.
Participants are not allowed to bring their children or friends other than a swim buddy with them. That buddy must be a Swim-At-Your-Own-Risk program participant. More than two SAYOR participant may be present at one time.
Interested? Please complete this form
MWR offers classes for USCG dependents, Active Duty members, and civilians.
Each student’s ability will be assessed before class starts in order to ensure appropriate class placement.
Parents will need to complete and submit an Aquatic Program Enrollment.
Levels and Schedule*:
At this time the Rio Bayamon Housing Pool will remain closed until further notice due to the passing of Hurricane Maria. Please know that due to recent and current weather conditions our Aquatic Programming has also been canceled until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Classes begin in April 2017. Offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays:
Parent & Child Aquatics (6mo – 3yo): 16:00 – 16:30
Pre-school Aquatics (4 – 5yo): 15:15 – 16:15
Learn to Swim (6yo+): 16:30 – 17:30
*no pro-rating is available due to established Red Cross Swim Class Curriculum.
**if a make-up class is necessary it will be held on Mondays or Wednesdays.
|Number of students per household||Monthly price per student (total)|
|5th||Continuing five dollar discount per student|
The MWR Aquarobics Program is based on a punch card system. Each card is valid for eight classes. The cost for each card is 30.00 (3.75 per class). The instructor will take attendance and punch cards each session. All cards are valid for ninety days from the date of purchase. Cards are not transferable and sales are final.
Monday & Wednesday from 10:30 – 11:30
*Transferring punch cards
In order to transfer a card with a remaining balance to another qualified participant the recipient must visit the MWR office to have the card validated.
All USCG Active Duty and their dependents, and USCG Civilians are granted free membership to the pool. All guests (ages 3 and above) and other eligible MWR patrons will pay a daily fee of $5.00 per person. USCG active duty families may purchase a Pool pass valid for seven guests or seven visits at the MWR office. ID Card holders 18 years and older can sponsor up to four guests.
|Single day||5.00 per person|
|Pool pass (valid for 7 guests or 7 visits)||10.00|